Commonwealth Circus Center Policies
All students or guests who enter the C3 studio (lobby not included) must have a signed C3 waiver on file with the C3 office. Waivers are available at C3 or are availble for download below.
2. Refunds and Cancelations
General Refund Philosophy
Refunds for session classes are granted only in the case of extraordinary circumstances and at the discretion of C3 management. All refunds are subject to a 5% administrative fee. Please check your schedule before signing up for classes!
All students may make up a missed class by attending an Open Studio or Play Hour (age dependent) at no cost during the same session as the class missed. Adult Open Studio, Youth Open Studio, and Play Hour times can be found HERE.
Adult students (ages 16+) have the option to make up a missed class by attending a 60-minute Drop-in Class during the same session as the class missed. Drop-in classes are listed in dark brown on the Studio Calendar. Drop-in class spots must be reserved in advance to avoid over-booking a class. To reserve your make-up class, follow the steps below:
1. Log in to your Zen Planner account at: https://commonwealthcircuscenter.sites.zenplanner.com/login.cfm
2. Cancel your reservation in the class you will miss.
- Click on "My Profile" on the left-hand side, then select "Reservations." You'll see a list of each class you are registered to take for the session.
- Click on the class date you will miss, and then click the red "Cancel" button.
3. Reserve a spot in a drop-in class.
- Click on "Calendar" on the left-hand side.
- Make sure the first drop-down menu above the calendar is set to "all calendars" so you can see all upcoming classes. Drop-in classes are in dark brown.
- To reserve your make-up spot, click on the specific class date you would like to attend and then click the blue "Reserve" button next to your name.
- If a class is full, you will not be able to reserve a spot and must choose a different date.
In the event that a student is unable to complete a session of classes due to an injury (whether sustained in or outside of class), C3 will issue an account credit for the value of the remaining classes to be used toward any future class registration. Students must contact C3 promptly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an account credit in case of injury.
Students with existing injuries or physical limitations are encouraged to schedule a private lesson or attend a Taster Class before registering for a session of classes to make sure they can participate in class activities. Refunds will not be granted in cases where an existing injury prevents a student from fully participating.
- C3 will announce closures due to weather at least 2 hours before class start time.
- Cancellations will be announced over email and on facebook.
- If C3 cancels a class due to inclement weather, affected students will be permitted to make-up their class in accordance with the missed class policy above.
Refunds are not given for failure to attend, absence, sick days, or participant dismissal due to unsafe behavior. In the case that a student's behavior creates a safety concern, C3 staff will make every reasonable effort to resolve the issue in a way that allows the student to continue participating in circus class. C3 instructors have the final say in all questions of safety.
3. Readiness to Train
- No one may train in the space if they are under the influence of alcohol, controlled substances, or prescription drugs that impair the student’s judgement.
- No one may join a class without properly warming-up, as decided by the instructor.